Mission & Vision
“Aspire to Achieve”
- To equip every Cumberland pupil with the knowledge and skills to develop as individuals, to contribute as citizens and to build happy and fulfilling lives.
To achieve this Vision we will:
- Promote learning as an exciting, independent and life long activity and broaden pupil horizons and aspirations.
- Allow pupils to develop academically, physically, artistically, creatively and emotionally.
- Provide a curriculum that motivates and meets the needs of all pupils.
- Use all aspects of the curriculum, both academic and creative, to raise self esteem, attainment and achievement.
- Develop skills in literacy, numeracy and ICT as keys to success.
- Promote an inclusive school with equality of opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, gender, colour, sexuality or disability.
- Maintain a school ethos and climate of care and commitment to one another, where individuals are valued, feel safe, happy and have their achievements celebrated.
- Support pupils with additional needs or talents and provide mentoring, counselling and support for those pupils and families to remove barriers to success.
- Promote good Citizenship with the values of responsibility, courtesy, co-operation and respect at the core.
- Develop links with the wider community, local schools, business and industry, to extend learning opportunities and provide our pupils with wide ranging opportunities.