Mission & Vision
Our Mission is “Aspire to Achieve”
- To equip every Cumberland pupil with the knowledge and skills to develop as individuals, to contribute as citizens and to build happy and fulfilling lives.
- To achieve this Vision we will:
- Promote learning as an exciting, independent and life long activity and broaden pupil horizons and aspirations.
- Allow pupils to develop academically, physically, artistically, creatively and emotionally.
- Provide a curriculum that motivates and meets the needs of all pupils.
- Use the Specialist Sports and Applied Learning College status as a means to raise self esteem, attainment and achievement.
- Develop skills in literacy, numeracy and ICT as keys to success.
- Promote an inclusive school with equality of opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, gender, colour, sexuality or disability.
- Maintain a school ethos and climate of care and commitment to one another, where individuals are valued, feel safe, happy and have their achievements celebrated.
- Support pupils with additional needs or talents and provide mentoring, counselling and support for those pupils and families to remove barriers to success.
- Promote good Citizenship with the values of responsibility, courtesy, co-operation and respect at the core.
- Develop links with the wider community, local schools, business and industry, to extend learning opportunities and provide our pupils with wide ranging opportunities.
Our day to day work helps us move towards the schools Mission & Vision