Education Welfare & Attendance
In order to maintain accurate attendance records and ensure the health and safety of all pupils, all parents/carers must:
· Phone the school absence line 0207 474 0231 before 9am with an explanation on the first morning of your child’s absence.
· Ensure your child arrives in school at 8.30 to be at registration by 8.40am each day to receive their mark
· Advise the school immediately of change of telephone numbers and of address.
· Provide medical evidence if requested. It must be taken to the Attendance Office, G53, on your child’s return to school.
· Notify in advance any medical appointment, which could not be made out of school hours. Letters, appointment cards and notes must be shown.
· No pupils are allowed to leave the school building unless permission has been agreed with Year Co-ordinator or a senior member of staff who will call parent/carers. Pupils are not allowed to call parents/carers direct on mobiles.
· Check with the school or the website (www.cumberland.org.uk) to ensure that parents/carers and pupils are aware of the correct term-dates.
The school uses Groupcall, an automated calling system, to contact you in the event of your child’s lateness or absence if you fail to call us as required. Parents must respond to these messages to ensure each child receives the correct mark for their lateness or absence.
Important - This school does not allow parents/carers to take pupils out of school during term-time under any circumstances for:
· MEDICAL TREATMENT ABROAD
· TRAVEL ABROAD/AWAY FROM HOME FOR FAMILY ISSUES
Pupils who do this may lose their school place.
Pupils, whose attendance falls below the Government guidelines of 90% or with poor punctuality, will be asked to attend a school attendance panel meeting.
The late desk runs from 8.50am to 9.15am. After that time pupils are expected to book in with the Educational Welfare office (EWO) in G53, so that the appropriate mark can be registered.
We hope that all parents/carers work co-operatively with the school.