Student Leadership activities should support our school’s aim to be a place where everyone enjoys learning and makes progress. The activities should support our pupils’ journey as ‘Determined, ambitious Learners’.
Student leadership should –
• Prepare students for sixth form studies
• Provide students with opportunities to develop leadership skills
• Actively encourage students to contribute to the success of the whole school community
• Provide students with an opportunity to be creative and deliver activities from which all students benefit
• Actively empower students to work with a cross section of the school’s staff
• Enable students to be role models for others
What therefore are the possible opportunities for Student Leadership?
• Head boy and Head girl - leading the prefect team
• Year 11 Prefects. Be an example to all members of the School in their general conduct, uniform, appearance, punctuality and attendance. Be fully committed to their academic work and extra-curricular activities.
• Prefects should support the School Council and organise charity events
• The School Council
• Student lunchtime supervisors (prefects)
• Assistant Tutors. Prefects to support Year 7 forms
• To lead School Council
• Ambassadors for the school. Prefects speak at key events eg. Year 6 Parents’ Evening and Year 6 Open Mornings
• A panel of students to form part of interview process. Students will receive training
• Year 9 students to support Year 7 who are find the transition difficult
• Sports’ leaders
• Year 8 Office Duty
• Student interview panels for potential new staff
• Charity work. Pupils choose a charity, local or national, and arrange fund raising activities. Prefects are to organise the fund raising.
• School Council and Year Council to promote whole school student voice
• Support development of Teaching and learning in school by working with teachers to complete a student questionnaire
• Create opportunities for students to meet with leadership and governors
• Create opportunities for selected groups of students to support new teachers. Talking about T and L, behaviour and hopes for the school.
Oban Close, London, E13 8SJ
T. 020 7474 0231
F. 020 7511 2510
Monday to Friday
8.40am - 3pm
- Headteachers blog
- Free School Meals
- Cumberland Gateway
- Cumberland Chronicle
- Class Blogs
- Class Information
- House Points