Careers and Work Related Learning
Our Careers Leader is Sheena Varsani. She oversees CEIAG (Careers, Education, Information, Advice and Guidance) across the school and supports pupils to make aspirational choices about their educational journey. Sheena also works in partnership with an external Careers Advisor from 15billionebp.
Her main responsibilities are to ensure that pupils are provided with the correct information and advice when making decisions about post 16 education and training.
- Provide opportunities for pupils to engage with CEIAG events and activities
- Provide parents/carers with information to support their child to make effective learning and career decisions
- Organise IAG events at The Cumberland School including an annual careers fair
- Assist year 11 pupils in their post 16 transition and ensuring that all pupils have a placement when they leave us
- Organise work experience for year 10 students and provide comprehensive information to parents
- Support the option process and events
- Maintain links and develop relationships with external businesses, organisations and other educational establishments
Telephone: 020 7474 0231 Ext 7862